Groups and Programs
Social skills group
At Cherished Minds we strive to provide a wholistic approach to clients including providing social skills programs. The social skills programs run in small groups or 4 to 6 children that aim to assist children and adolescents with social and communication difficulties, including children and adolescents with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder to improve and practice their social skills including play skills and communication skills.
Cool Kids Program
Cool Kids program is designed to assist children to navigate and manage their emotions more effectively including such aspects as:
- about anxiety, fears and worries,
- how to face fears gradually,
- deal with worries thoughts,
- be confident around other people, including helpful ways to act if you are bullied, and
- how to cope with feelings like anxiety, or even anger and sadness.
Secret Agent Society (SAS)
Secret Agent Society (SAS) is a breakthrough social skills approach for 8 to 12-year-old children, with a range of different social and emotional challenges. SAS has fun, espionage-themed resources and program that helps children learn how to feel happier, calmer and braver. It also teaches them how to make friends and keep them. Secret Agent Society is well suited for children who:
- High functioning Autism / Asperger’s Syndrome
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anger management difficulties
- Other general challenges with friendships, team work, conversations or staying calm
SAS was authored by Clinical Psychologist Dr Renae Beaumont, and is regarded as one of the most successful programs of its kind in the world.
To express your interest in joining the next Secret Agent Society Term fill out the below suitability Survey