Groups and Programs
Social skills group
At Cherished Minds we strive to provide a wholistic approach to clients including providing social skills programs. The social skills programs run in small groups or 4 to 6 children that aim to assist children and adolescents with social and communication difficulties, including children and adolescents with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder to improve and practice their social skills including play skills and communication skills.
Social skills groups are run every school term on Wednesday starting at 4pm. Please call admin to place your child on the waitlist for next term enrollment.
Cool Kids Program
Cool Kids program is designed to assist children and adolescents aged between 7 and 17 years to navigate and manage their emotions more effectively including such aspects as:
- about anxiety, fears and worries,
- how to face fears gradually,
- deal with worries thoughts,
- be confident around other people, including helpful ways to act if you are bullied, and
- how to cope with feelings like anxiety, or even anger and sadness.
We offer this program in various formats:
- As a 10-week individual program with a certified Cool kids’ practitioner at the cherished minds clinic. This will include 10 x 50-minute sessions working through the cool kids’ curriculum. This is the most comprehensive version of the program if you would like your child to focus specifically on anxiety and building strategies for management. Cost: $1819 (parent intake interview and 10 x 50 minute sessions). Book any time by calling our admin on 9822 8630.
- School holiday program: Cool kids is presented in a condensed form in an 8-hour small group format consisting of 4 x 2-hour groups of up to four participants. This will allow your child to get started on the material and gain a understanding of their anxiety and some strategies to manage it. They will have the opportunity to meet other children their age with similar challenges. Cost $375- Call admin on 9822 8630 and place your child on the waitlist for the next group TBD.
- This program can be run in schools pending availability as an 8-week small group program of up to 6 students. Cost $1650. Schools can call and enquire on 9822-8630.